Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Should Have Known

Does your perspective ever change?

I was waiting for something the other day and it didn't come.  So I was talking to God about it.  God, I really need this.  Please cause it to show up today.  I thought it was supposed to be here and it wasn't so I was concerned.  I wanted God to know that I needed it and that I was trusting Him to get it to me.  Then my wife shows up.  I mention to her that I hadn't got the thing I was waiting for and that I was nervous and she says, "It's not supposed to be here for another couple days" she says.  "Oh..."  In a split second my perspective changed.

I had been praying and all concerned because what I thought was supposed to happen, hadn't.  Then I learn that it was never supposed to happen the way I thought it was.

I don't know about you but this happens all the time to me.  I think one thing and worry and stew and get upset only to learn that the plan had changed or I just didn't know all the facts.  So what I thought, was not.

Unfortunately I'm this way with God a lot too.  I think He is going to do something or that he "ought" to do something and He doesn't.  Do you want to know the harsh truth?  That is NEVER His fault.  Like the line in the very first Lord Of The Rings movies from Gandalf, "A wizard is never late.  He arrives precisely when he means to."

God is never late.  He never misses an appointment.  He never forgets about a meeting.  Nothing ever gets lost in the mail with God.  So if I am worried about something, He never is.  He knows exactly what the plan is.

I guess that is why the Bible encourages us to, never worry about anything, because God has got it all under control.  Instead we are told to pray and petition God with thanksgiving.  Honestly, I haven't got this part figured out yet.  I still worry.  I still get upset when things don't work out the way I think they should.  But I'm recognizing more and more that God never needs my permission or my reminders.  In everything I am to simply pray with faith that God will do what He has planned when He has planned to do it.

I should have known the other day that there was no need to worry.  My God's got this.

No comments: