Wednesday, July 4, 2012

God Bless America

I was thinking early this morning while doing my Bible reading and prayer time about how blessed I am to be an American. I could have been born in a third-world country with nothing. Instead, I was born in a country of freedom and peace. freedom and peace that has come at the expense of the lives of my countrymen. A price that I have not had to pay because others were willing. My family and I enjoy the freedom to worship, to move about the country and live in relative peace.
I thank God for my country and pray that not only will God bless America but that America will come to bless God. I'm not naive enough to believe that this is a Godly country, but it is a country in which I am free to worship God.
So on this Independence Day, I acknowledge that I and we have attempted to exert our independence but are not and never have been independent from God, but that we have and always will be dependent on Him for all good things come from God
So enjoy your independence day and celebrate that God has not left us alone.

No comments: