Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday, Monday...

What a good Monday. Took the day off (pretty much) and stayed in. After the hiccup attack that started late Friday night and lasted all day Saturday, all day Sunday (though God gave a respite during the 35 min message) and only a bit this morning, I am sore but feel pretty good.

We had a great Sunday morning at Real Life and the rest today was very welcome. I painted and finished putting hardware on the coat rack I built last winter. I have washed, folded and put away about 5 loads of laundry (the washer/dryer are still going!) and I got some dishes done. Now, don't go beating your husband over the head, he probably had to work today. And since my wife teaches full-time, is taking 12 hours of graduate studies, leads worship at Real Life and still makes dinner and loves on the kids (and me!). So, I'm just doing my part.

But it was so nice to relax and enjoy a quite day at the homestead. Thank you God for days like this. For my family. For Real Life. For wi-fi and for a day of rest.

Now, it's on to football!

No comments: