Friday, December 11, 2009

uh... you still there?

well, it's been a loooooong time since I posted anything on here. I kind of feel like we were talking on the phone and then I set it down to do something and forgot to come back. And here you are, holding the phone to your ear, thinking with every noise that it's me again. Sorry.

Okay, so that was like TOTALLY vain!

Just finished reading some of the rss feeds I get from another pastor's blog and was encouraged to write something to you and even to begin the process of blogging every day (or close to it) again.

Christmas is coming and we've got our annual open house planned, only this year, Andi and Tristen are gone to the Revolve thing in Norman, OK. That means me and boys are left to clean and bake! We'll see how that goes. Anyway, Christmas always makes me a bit nervous... too many things I want to give the kids and wife and not enough money. You probably know what that's like too. But my issue is that I don't have enough to pay the bills and get much for Christmas. And I'm reminded today that there are those (many this year) who don't even have enough to pay the bills, you know, keep the heat on for Christmas. Boil some water for Christmas. They may have a tree but nothing but dust and air beneath it. I wish God would bless me enough so that I could make sure everyone had presents for their kids and their bills paid this Christmas.

That's my grown-up Christmas wish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember when Homer Simpson didn't have enough money for presents? He took Bart to the race track on Christmas Eve in hopes of winning some money. Instead, they came with with a greyhound named Santa's Little Helper, which remains their beloved family pet 20 years later.

Corey said...

I can always count on you, Adam, to have a Simpson's comment to every situation! haha. (we don't watch the Simpsons.)