Thursday, May 21, 2009

Crummy Day... what's the difference?

So today started okay... Trent didn't go to sleep 'till late again last night so wasn't sure how he'd do today at home or school. Once to school (Trent did fine in the am) I talked with his teacher about his aggression. We talked about two options for the summer for Trent. I could come as a para and work so that if he got angry the other paras would not have to take the brunt, or we could possibly send him to HeartSpring and see how that works for him and them.
Needless to say, these are HUGE changes for us and would be for Trent - though they might be good options.
Now, we are going to KC tomorrow afternoon for some N.A.E.T. treatments (spending the night in KC) and coming home on Saturday... sometime.

Anyway, it just seemed like it was one thing after another today that was not expected and did NOT make me happy. I was grumpy finishing up with Jack on the roof this evening and just overall poopy in spirit.

But, (here's the good part) this is not all there is to my life. I will continue to have days that kick my butt - spiritually, financially, physically, emotionally - but it's only one day at a time. I can't change the future by worrying about it. We will work and pray about the best situation for Trent and we'll make a decision and live with it. Whether I have to work with him at the school or take him to a new school we'll get through it.

You see, the things that happen to us everyday are just things that happen to us - they don't define us. They don't MAKE us happy or grumpy or angry they just happen. So thank you Lord that when the day DOESN'T go the way I want it to you are the same... yesterday, today and forever. You don't change. My life changes. My feelings change. My relationships change and financial situation changes. But not You.

Thanks for being... always.

No comments: