Sunday, May 31, 2009

When it's your own fault...

So this morning Trent was at church with us (if you were there you know this!) because we could not find a sitter for him today. He has had a fantastic week and done very well with all the changes to his schedule, staying with grandma and pa for three days, trip to Wichita for Trevor's band concert and lunch at AppleBees. But today at church he was off, upset and aggitated with something. Andi had to leave church early and take him home because he just was not getting along.

When I got home he was fairly upset, punched a hole in the wall, dumped a bathtub full of water on the bathroom floor, slammed some doors and was generally irritated and aggressive. So we had a little fight, nothing big just a little spat that ended up with him loosing (in the trash) one of his favorite dinosaur toys and an elephant (he LOVES elephants) toy.

He begged for his toys back but was still upset and angy and I was not too happy either so I stood my ground even when he asked with tears in his eyes and reminded me where he got it, "open present dinosaur toy" he said... he got the dino for Christmas and he loved it (which is why I used it as punishment - I ain't no wimmpy Father that only tosses the toys he doesn't like!)
Anyway, later I discovered that I had neglected to give Trent his medicine this morning... yep, you guessed it... my fault.

Trent was uphappy and angry becasue his little body was having withdrawls from the lack of meds and since he doesn't talk he couldn't just say, "Hey! I need my medicine!"

I'm reminded that when I get in to trouble and have a rough time in my life and am angry with God for what's going on it's most often my own fault! I neglected to follow His law. I didn't do what He asked or I just flat out dissobeyed!

So, given the circumstances, I think that old dinosaur may make a return appearance tonight...

No comments: