Monday, November 10, 2008

2 Corinthians 13 / Nov 11 - What's your grade?

Okay, cut me some slack... after reading yesterday's text I was kicking myself for not posting, some good things there. Did you notice that Paul said he "knows a man who was caught up" and he would boast about that guy but not himself? Did you see then that in the next paragraph he said, "to keep me from being conceited because of these 'surpassingly great revelations...'" See it? He just admits that he was the one "caught up!" Interesting.

But this morning I think that it may be good to take a test. In my classes the students know that they will be quizzed every week and that there will be a final exam. If they fail the tests there is a good chance they will fail the final. A test is a measurement tool to see if you are on task. It is a good thing! If there are no tests how will you know if you are getting the right info? Focusing on the right parts of the lecture? Getting the correct information out of the text? So test actually help us so that we are not caught off guard.

Paul suggests that we test ourselves, or examine our lives to see if we are "in the faith." Is your life reflecting the principles and characteristics of Christ? Are you on the right path? (narrow or wide?) Does your faith sound good but lack something in the delivery every day?

Paul asserts that those who are in the faith have within themselves "Christ Jesus." The inference is that you will be able to determine, after examining, that you have Christ, unless of course you fail the test!

My prayer today is that you not only pass the test but you ACE it as you consider how well you let Christ shine through your life every day.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Jack said...

God is still in control . I was brushing my teeth and running through my faith and giving it this kind of check. I then walk in here and get on the blog and there it is again . It lets me know God is in control. Thank you God for the little checks through the day to let me know I am accomplishing your will in my life and to keep me grounded. I pray we all check ourselves every now and then and find God there .Keep up the work for Christ . Your reward is in heaven and also in the ones you touch while we are here on earth. Amen