Friday, June 11, 2010

Relational God.

In Hebrews 8:10-12 I read something that is just amazing.

Have you ever thought about the implications of God's statement, "I will be your God and you will be my people"? Or how about "Everyone will know me from the least to the greatest"? or this one, "I will forgive their wickedness and never again remember this sins"?

Powerful. Life changing. Encouraging.

God could have stopped with, "I will be your God." As God, He could demand worship and tribute and obedience. But that's not what He chose. He simply wants to be our exclusive God. It's where the, "no other gods before me" comes in. He wants to be OUR God, even though He could force His ownership over us He desires us to choose Him as our only God.

And it doesn't matter if you're somebody or nobody. President or Pee-on. Everybody can know Him and be equal. There are no positions or titles with God. The manager of a QT doesn't brag about it while sitting in the oval office! There is God and then everyone else. No matter what your background, baggage, battles, bumps or bruises everyone is equal under God.

And if that wasn't enough, He wants US to be His people! Not just to worship Him as God but He wants to recognize us as His own! And part of that is His promise to "forgive our wickedness" and "never remember our sins"!

God wants us. Not just our service. Or money. Or time. Not our excuses. Just us. You and me. He wants to be our God and He wants us to be His people. He wants relationship.

No comments: