Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1 Corinthians 1 - October 22 / foolishness

Do you remember being a kid and coming home thinking that there was something incredibly important but no one else in the family did? TJ is always coming in with some incredible story about dirt or some toy...or his favorite thing is to talk about some scene from a silly Disney channel show. It seems that we are constantly telling him "if this is about a Disney show we don't want to hear it!"

From our perspective TJ's story is unimportant. But from his perspective, so close to the floor, it is very important! So important that he wants to share it with us!

The same thing happens in spiritual matters...what is important to me as a believer, what I want to share from what I've heard or seen doesn't seem very important to someone who doesn't share my perspective of Jesus Christ.

What I say "seems" like foolishness to them, but to me - and perhaps you to - it is the power of God for the salvation of our souls and even for those who think it is "foolishness."

So, here's to being foolish! and enjoying Real Life!

No comments: