Friday, October 3, 2008

Acts 17 / October 3 - "O, woah, close to you..."

I am sitting in the airport watching people mill around and and talk and a guy just asked a lady across the aisle for the sports page...there is a lady sitting directly opposite me (my back) who has a pony tail and she keeps moving her head and flicking me with it...she has no idea. There are people speaking other languages and on their cell phones. Old and young. Male and female. Poor and wealthy, modest and darn near exhibitionistic.
And guess what? Acts 17 says that God is right here. In the midst of all this commotion and the constant din of slot machines and conversations He's here.
It's easy to forget that sometimes with all the commotion in our lives...easy for me this last three days... but He never left, right there the whole time.

I wonder how many know Him? I wonder who He is talking to right how? Anyone? Me? You?

God, help me to never loose sight of the fact that you are right here, every moment, every day. You desire to be in every thought, every decision. You see what I see and you hear what I hear and know what I think. Help me not to disappoint.

I'll see you all Sunday, a little happier. a little poorer and perhaps a little closer.

1 comment:

Jack said...

It sounds like God was talking to you the whole trip and maybe even showing you something along the way. I'm glad you could go and enjoy your trip. But even more that God was with you the whole time . That is just too cool. I don't think a whole lot of people would have that kind of experience in Vegas. Great job Corey. God keep Corey safe on his way home and I'm sure he has a lot to share. Thanks for the lessons learned through his eyes while in Vegas. He has a knack for translating these ideas to words on his blog and I thank you for that. Amen