Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Romans 3 / October 15 - do and believe

So, everybody knows the passage that says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God... but do you know the other half...and how the two are connected?

My children do things to each other that I don't like and that they get in trouble for. Each of them do it. They don't really set out to do these things, but they happen. My guess is that it happens in your family too. It's not intentional- but it does happen.

...and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ.

...and they love each other and will help each other whenever the need arises because they are a part of the Landreth family - they share the name.

You and I will sin, not because we necessarily want to but because we are not as strong spiritually as we might want to be. And quite frankly, we sin...bottom line...because we want to. Which is why I am so grateful that I am not justified by what I do, but by my association with the name of Jesus Christ (Christian) and the grace that come through His blood. Which is the same for my kids. They are going to say and do things that hurt each other but in the end they are blood and that connection is strong.

Thank you God for this insight and for judging us, your children, by faith and not by deeds.

No comments: