Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some encouragement

It's late Wednesday night...pretty tired but wanted to share with you a bit from a meeting I had with some members of my advisory board through the Christian Evangelising Association (their the guys who help to support me so the church can put it's money in other things).

The two guys I met with are the lead pastors and church planters from Lifestream in Gardner, KS. and Dave Henry from New Community in Salina. They know what their doing. Dave's church in Salina is 10 years old and is averaging in the 300's. Russ' church will be 4 years old this Sunday and they are running mid 100's I believe.

What I took away from our meeting was that while we may not be where I thought we would at one year we are doing very well. We are right where each of these other churches were at one year. In fact, where our giving is concerned we are averagaing about $14 per person, per week in attendance for the year - that's incredible!!!

Now, we do need to look at some of the things we are doing and re-evaluate what we're doing verses what we really want to do (good exercise!) and I'm starting to get ready for our first annual meeting which we'll have in January.

So, pat yourselves on the back, We are doing a good job and most importantly, we are doing exactly what God wants of us! Have a great Thursday!

No comments: