Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm a little excited - but reality is closing in.

It's hard for me to concentrate when I'm excited about something. That really stinks cause I get excited about a LOT of things; a date with my wife (happening tomorrow), a new toy, an exciting scheduled event... the list could go on. Right now though I'm excited because I just approved our very first television commercial for Real Life Christian Church (you can check us out at www.reallifecc.us) and it is set to begin airing on Monday March 1st, (my wife's birthday!).

But as the story in Luke 16 goes, Abraham says the rich man’s family won't believe, "even if someone is raised from the dead." Well, a thirty second spot on a few channels is not nearly as cool as a dead guy walking around but the truth translates. For most people the commercial will go in one ear and out the other. It will not be effective because they've heard it before.

We made our spot as fun and energetic as possibly could to fit the style and feel of real life - but in the end these spots are running only in the hope that someone, anyone, will be moved by the Spirit to check out Real Life, and if they do, we may be able to tell them about Jesus in a way they might understand and then, Jesus can change their life.

My prayer is that someone will be open. Someone will be interested. Someone will give it a try. And someone will come to Jesus as I do and be saved.

No comments: