Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's my job?

This morning I'm working on the script for a commercial Real Life will start running in the next 30 days or so. I'm very intimidated by it. I have one 30 second shot to create a desire in the person sitting on their couch to give church... and Jesus a try. I don't want to blow it. I'm very excited by this opportunity though too. I have one shot to inject a little truth, a little Jesus into someone's life that may result in catastrophic life change. Incredible.

Zechariah reminded me what my job is this morning, whether it be in writing a commercial for television or writing this entry or a blog post... my job is to tell people how to find salvation through Jesus (forgiveness of sins only comes through him) and I’m also to give light to those who sit in darkness and guide them to the path of peace!

Wow! Isn't that a great job! In everything I do, write or speak I should be about those things! And you should too!

Your job isn't just to teach - it's to shed light into the darkness! Your job isn't just to fit pipe - it's to tell people there is hope through Jesus! Your job isn't just to answer phones, or watch someone else’s' child - it's to help people, young and old find the path of peace! That's an incredible job and way cooler than anything else!

I want to make this my prayer for my children, my wife, myself and Real Life church - that we would be people who tell others how to find salvation through Jesus and shed His light into the darkness and hopelessness of their lives helping them to find the path of peace. That's our job. To make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

No comments: