Monday, September 8, 2008

John 10 / Sept 9 - following the shepherd

Jesus uses a socially current metaphor for those who follow him; sheep and shepherd. But what I want to focus on is his statement that the sheep know him and so follow him.

here's my challenge to the people of Real Life, that always and no matter what, we follow the shepherd.

Now, personally I've been in spots when I didn't think I wanted to follow Jesus, but I'm glad I did. It wasn't always easy, it hasn't been always financially, emotionally or physically beneficial to me but I was always the right thing to do.

So, I make you this promise; I will always try to do what Jesus wants and not be afraid or follow any other shepherd. And if you are willing to go with me and follow Him we'll see some incredible things get to hear those wonderful words when we see Him face to face, "well done, good and faithful servant."

So here's to following without hesitation our shepherd, Jesus.

3 comments:

Jack said...

The one statement we all want to hear in the end...well done ,good and faithful servant . We should want to spread that word so that all we know or meet get to hear that also. Reach someone today and tell them what you know. It may make their day and yours too.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could reach out to my husband and get him to realize how important it is for us to learn about God together. He has come a long way since I have married him but I wish I could help him get closer to God.

Corey said...

Remember Melissa that no one comes to the Son unless God draws them. Keep praying, live the light of Christ in your marriage and life and He will come to know what you and I do, it's all about Jesus and a relationship with Him.