Tuesday, September 2, 2008

John 3 / Sept 3 - it's a math thing...

In verse 30 John says something profound, Jesus must increase and I must decrease.

Up to the time when Jesus began His ministry John was the man. He spoke for God and to the people. thousands of people came to hear John speak during his short ministry span and all the sudden there was a new guy in town. Today we might say that Jesus "stole John's thunder."

But John's response is only, He must increase in the eyes of the people and I must decrease.

This is always a difficult thing but it is always, only and all about Jesus. He must increase. It's not about me so I must try and slowly decrease so that He can increase in my life, in my job in my work at the church.

Today, I'll try and find a way that I can decrease so that He can increase in the eyes of those around me.

No comments: