Thursday, September 4, 2008

John 5 / Sept 5 - what pleases you?

When I was a kid I tried to please my parents (okay, when I was really young!) by doing the things I knew they would like and be proud of me for. When Andi and I were dating and first married I though a lot about what would make her proud and how I could please her. I try to please my kids... not that I do what they want, but I try to make them proud of me. I even seek to please the folks of Real Life.

All of this is good and hopefully on some level I have succeeded in each of those relationships but look at what Jesus said in the last half of verse 30, "I do not seek to please myself, but Him who sent me."

Who are you seeking to please? Yourself? Your family? Your church?

What if you could please only one person? Who would you choose? I think I'd make it God. And in the end, it would be best for my family, my parents, my church and even myself.

Have a great Friday!

No comments: