Friday, January 29, 2010

Daily Bible Reading - Jan 28,2010 - Mark 4

This last story in Mark 4 always seemed weird to me. I get that Jesus has power over the wind and waves but it always seemed a bit odd.

Did you ever know anything before you supposed to know it? Like, you got to peek at the cast list for play before it was posted to everybody else. When you know the outcome the storm isn't much cause for alarm is it. All your friends are running around worried and excited and freaked out; did I get the part I wanted, what if I have to kiss so-and-so... but you are one cool cucumber. You know the truth. You know what's going to happen before it does.

I think that is why Jesus could sleep and why he gets a little frustrated with these "friends" of his. Hey guys, you're with the creator/sustainer of the universe. You are supposed to know the truth! Why let a little storm throw you off and get you all worried?!

The next time you face a storm in your life maybe you could take Jesus example and rest in the truth that no matter what, he's got this, (I know George Lopez thinks he does...) But there is nothing He can't handle (Jesus, not George). There is nothing YOU can't handle through Him. So, rest well my friend... rest well.

1 comment:

James_Fred said...

Thanks. I am striving for that kind of peace. I trust, I believe, and I try to let go (of my foolish ways). Your comments on God's Word help.