Friday, January 8, 2010

Listened to a great message this morning

I have been getting blog feeds from Mark Batterson (the batterson blog) for a year or so now.  I don't read them all (there's a ton!) but I read quite a few.  Mark is lead pastor at National Community Church in DC and has had incredible success starting churches in theaters.  In fact, if you want to check him out you can go to http://www.theaterchurch.com/ and poke around.

This morning I was watching the podcast of last weeks sermon, his first in a series called Primal - named after his latest book.  I don't have Any of his books yet, (in a hole with a lion on a snowing day, something about flying with geese and now Primal - you can send them to me via amazon if you like!) but I enjoy reading his blog.

In the video he talked about getting back to the heart of God for His church which is pretty simple.  The bottom line.  The big thing.  The core of Christianity.  The heart of the matter is that we LOVE God.  Jesus said the greatest command is that we love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.  I like that.  And that is what we have been talking about the last few weeks here at Real Life.  Now, not in those same words, but still.  If I give all I have to God - it's an act of love.  When I do something He would like, it's an act of love.  When I show up at church, tithe, say hello or help someone out of the snow as a Christian - it's an act of love.

Think I'll try and do a better job of loving God this year.  Want to join me?

No comments: