Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Bible Reading - January 19, 2010 - Matthew 22

Some people say that I look a lot like my father. I guess what they mean by that is that I have a fairly large nose, a small chin (the reason for the goatee) and a low hairline. I share some of his features. But beyond that, not as many similarities as far as I'm concerned. My Dad has always loved people - I sometimes struggle with that. My Dad is always nice, always kind. I have never heard him say a harsh word to anyone... unlike me. So, if you like me, you'll probably love my Dad. He's me - only better.

Jesus said the coins, in this exchange with the Pharisees, bore the image of Caesar and so they belonged to Caesar. They were the currency of the day for the people, but they carried Caesar’s inscription, they bore his image - therefore they belonged to him.

You and I are to bear the image of Jesus, not in the way we look, but in the way we act. Others are supposed to be able to see a clear picture of Jesus in us. We then become the currency through which lives are purchased by Jesus. we should be able to say, if you like me, you'll love my Father! He's me, only way, WAY better.

No comments: