Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year...

Well, I started the new year asking the family what my problems are... yes, they had a loooong list. It was not easy to hear. But just like God gives us a second chance (over and over again) I'm hoping that I'll get a second chance at being a better dad and husband.

The pressures of life and providing for my family get overwhelming sometimes and that comes out in ways I don't like. I'm irritated more, short with the kids, little things seem like big things. You know, you may have been there too.

But I really want to be good at my parent and spouse roles so taking a listen once in awhile hurts, might make you cry, but in the end hopefully there is a new you for a new year.

I don't know if I'll improve or not - but I'll try and that will be an interesting part of the Real Life I have found in Jesus. It's not easy being like Him, but trying is the goal.

Happy New You (ME) New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whatever shortcomings you might have as a parent, you are passionate about the job and you have always made time for your children. That is just about as important as anything.