Friday, January 22, 2010

Daily Bible Reading - January 23, 2010 - Matthew 25

This whole chapter is a warning to believers. Be on your guard! Watch out that you don't become lazy and forget to take God with you wherever you go. Don't help others only if it appears they will also be able to help you. Share your faith - this will be your only opportunity.

God expects us to invest in others what He has given to us. Our talents, our abilities, our wealth, our possessions. What He has blessed us with He expects a return on, for the Kingdom. He also wants us to be kind to people, not just the people who can bless us. The folks in this passage asked, "when did we see YOU... and not help?" We are to help those who can't offer us anything in return and then we are "doing it as unto the Lord."

So, I want to watch my life and conduct when others are around and when I am by myself. I want to help those in need no matter what their situation or ability to repay me. I want to use what God has given me, financially, spiritually, emotionally, physically, to provide a return on His investment in me.

Bottom line, I want to be more like Christ. Who was the same everyday and forever. Who was always "about His Father's business" Who helped those that no one else cared about. Who gave His Father a great return on His life by paying the sin price for everyone else. I want to be more like that.

No comments: