Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thanks for the encouragement.

This new year I have recommitted myself to being better. Better Dad. Better husband. Better pastor, planner, preacher.

This morning I was on my way to the office after dropping Trent off at school in Wichita and was praying. There are several things that are happening here at Real Life this year that mean change is necessary. So I was praying about those things, asking God to give me faith and wisdom that no matter what happens I would be dependant on Him. I have to admit that I'm a little scared, not sure what is going to happen financially this year, so I'm giving that to God (He can handle my questions and concernes).

Anyway, I come into the office today and have a visitor who is telling me how God has completely changed her life since she started coming to Real Life and putting God first. And now, the teacher becomes the student, as I listen to her talk about how God provides and how she believes this year God is going to do great things at and in and through us here at Real Life. So, I gave God a nod, said, "thanks for the encouragement." He knew that I needed some reassurance and He gave it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this story. (Just think of the people's lives you are touching you are too shy to say anything!)