Thursday, May 13, 2010

Freedom!

Reading Romans 7 and 8 today. Amazed at all God has done for us in Christ... Particularly, giving us freedom.

Many of our men and women have fought and died to give us the freedoms we have and love here in America. I am grateful for all who have served, are serving and will serve. But the freedom I'm talking about is not political (if there is such a thing) or social.

I'm struck today by the freedom from guilt... from the condemnation that came from my sin.

I'll break it down like Mark Driscol from Mars Hill church.
Christ lived the life I could not live - a life without sin.
Christ died the death I should have died - paying my price for sin.
Christ gives the gift I could not hope to attain - salvation from my sin.

I connected with that life, death and Resurrection gift when I was buried in the waters of baptism. Now, having the Spirit of Jesus living in me:
I can live the life that God has called me to - free to follow the Spirit.
I can live the life that is God has given me - free from the fear of death.
I can give the gift that only I can give - free to give my all back to God.

Sin no longer has control. I'm free.

No comments: