Thursday, May 27, 2010

When it comes from Him, It gets done.

Have you ever had the DESIRE to do something but lacked the POWER. Maybe that came in the form of know-how. Time. Required tools. I have the desire to do things but often I lack the power in the form of ability or financial resources. I was just telling Andi yesterday, I would love to spend my evenings working in the yard. I have that desire. But I lack the power. We don't have the money to spend on plants, grass, fertilizer or any of the other hundred projects I would like to do. So the desire is there but the power to actually accomplish the desire is lacking.

My power may be limited but God's is not. Money is never and will never be an issue for God. God has unlimited and uncountable resources. Time is not an issue for the timeless. There is nothing He can not do. He is perfectly Holy and perfectly capable to do anything and everything He desires.

And guess what. God is working in YOU, giving you the DESIRE and the POWER to do what pleases Him. Isn't that incredible?! God first gives the desire. The thought. The DREAM. The vision. He begins to birth the impossible in your heart the minute you receive the Holy Spirit. Things you never thought you'd do, He's preparing you for. Dreams you never dreamed before, He's planting in you. Like a seed in the ground God is planting His desires in your heart.

But he doesn't just give you the desire... No, that's just the beginning of God's involvement.
He gives you the power to carry it out! You don't have to rely on your own strength! Your own ingenuity! Your own resources! Your own abilities! God gives you both the desire and the power!

He doesn't just say, "here's what I want you to do. Now DO IT!" He says, "Here's what I want you to do and here's what you need to accomplish it!

The Bible says that, He who began a good work in you is faithful to see it to completion. Stop relying on your own abilities and ingenuity and finances! If God's given you the desire, He's gonna give you the power!

All He asks is that you "work hard to show the result of your salvation - obedience." When I work at obeying He grows the desire and supplies the power.

No comments: