Friday, May 21, 2010

What's important when sharing your faith?

Love this passage in 1 Cor 15; Paul gives us a list of things he says are the most important things when telling others about Christ. It's simple, personal and I like it.

  1. Christ died for our sins. This is central to faith - if He didn't die our sins have not been paid for; we are still guilty before God and death is all we can hope for.
  2. He was buried. Christ didn't faint or pass out He died. His blood was shed. He was buried and sealed in a tomb. Dead. How can He have victory over death if He never faced it? He was buried because He was dead.
  3. He was raised on the third day. He is alive. He paid the price for our sin. He faced death and overcame and now He is alive. If He is not alive then where is our hope? Where is our confidence?
  4. He was seen (by "me" Paul says). This is where it gets personal. You want to tell your friends and family about your faith? Start with your changed life. The things you used to do you don't do (right?!). You're happier. Have more joy in the face of trouble. More faith, hope and love. Tell them how you have been changed because you have "seen" Christ work in your own life!

Let me break it down even more for you.

The Bible is true when it talks about Jesus, look at my own life for proof. (but first make sure you are living a new life, firmly established in Christ!)

I was blind but now I see. I was lost but now I'm found. Tell somebody your story today!

No comments: