Thursday, May 6, 2010

God's got a plan.

So, behind on my Bible reading - the website took more time than I'd like to tell you about - and I'm reading today in Acts 16.

Paul is talking with some Greeks and finds a interesting way to tell them about God. It seems they had a shrine/statue that they worshiped but it was called "an unknown god." They were so careful to not offend the "gods" that they worshiped one they didn't even have a name for (which is kind of silly since all the other names were made up anyway).

Paul tells them about their unknown god, of course, he tells them about the one and only God.

Anyway, Paul says some cool things about God's plans in the passage. Yes, God does have a plan. And he's got some points laid out on how to reach that plan.

God's plan: Get the nations to seek Me.

He is going to do that by helping them to "feel their way toward Him" that happens a number of ways. Let me use you as an example. Why is it that people have to make a conscious decision to be atheist? We are born with a knowledge that there is something beyond ourselves. There are things that have happened in your life (I'll bet) that you could not explain or don't know how/why they happened. These are ways that God helps us to "feel" our way toward Him. Look, we are all spiritually blind, like puppies, we root around and "feel" our way to what will sustain and nourish us.

Secondly God is going to make sure that He is found. Go back to the puppy picture. If momma doesn't come back, if she can't be found the puppies die, right? So, momma has to make sure that she can always be found when her puppies need her. God does the same with us. He is never far from us so that He can be found when we need Him.

And once we seek Him and find Him we realize that IN HIM we live and move and exist!

My prayer today is that:
In God, I live! I dwell. I'm at home. Comfortable in God, safe and secure.
In God I move! He gives me wings to fly and dreams to reach and plans to follow!
In God I exist! I am nothing without Him. Any good I have done - apart from Him is nothing. I find my reason for being in glorifying my Savior Jesus Christ and bringing honor, together with Him, to God our Father.

So today I must seek Him... and find Him...

No comments: